Saturday, 19 November 2011

Medusa

So, for Halloween I dressed as Medusa.

I looked like this: 


Anyways, as I was getting into character I remembered that in my second year at uni I wrote a piece of flash fiction about Medusa. I also wrote a poem... the first and last poem I have ever written. I'll share the flash fiction but to prevent blushes and extreme embarrassment the poem will remain hidden.

I’m infamous. I am a curse, a witch, a gorgon, a monster. My name is Medusa. You should be scared.

I’m an old hag with a grudge to payback. Starting with Athena, who gave me my halo of snakes. Then Poseidon to follow, make him suffer for rape. Finally Perseus; the conquering hero. Who disturbed my slumbers and sliced off my head. Revenge is my dish, and I’m serving it cold.

I used to be beautiful. With hair tumbling down to the softest of flesh. Two handfuls of tits; and the icing on top? Red painted lips and come-to-bed eyes. I’m going to hurt them, in penance for their sins.

I’m not Midas, I haven’t fingers of gold. I’m no Rapunzel, my Prince doesn’t wait. Instead I have a halo of snakes and eyes full of stone. I’m bitter, I’m twisted, I’m fucked up inside. 

[A WARNING: STEAL MY WORDS AND I WILL CUT OUT YOUR TONGUE]


So my next project is turning this into a proper story... not sure how successful it will be, but I'm up for giving it a go.

See ya later alligator!

PS. However hard I tried I didn't manage to turn anyone to stone. Next time maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment