Tuesday, 15 November 2011

I Fully Intended to Post on a Weekly Basis

But of course that hasn't happened.


Although, I have been very busy. I've moved house, been working full time and am still without a decent Internet connection.. So I'm writing this in a shed masquerading as an office and my fingers are so cold they've gone numb and may be in imminent danger of dropping off to adorn the keyboard to accompany the dead flies and crumbs. (They aren't really dead flies... that would be gross. But there are crumbs which look to be from biscuits- possibly even hobnobs which are the best kind of biscuits in existence.) Writing has kinda fallen by the wayside for the moment which is bad I know, but I have managed one short story which I submitted to a competition.


I also signed up for nanowrimo and distinguished myself by not writing a single word. But there's still time *snorts with derision* actually, I'm writing off (geddit) this month for being productive and writing lots of words, but I am setting myself a personal target of 5000 words a month. That may not be much, but that's a damn sight more than what I'm doing at the moment. It is easy to make excuses as to why I haven't been writing, but harder to understand why I've been justifying not doing something I enjoy so much.


I have been reading a lot (as always) and recently finished Joe Abercrombie's First Law Trilogy. I'm not a big fantasy reader, but I LOVED this epic trilogy. I thought the characters were fantastic and the writing was very real. They were the kind of books which made you feel that if you concentrated hard enough you'd fall right into the story. I thoroughly recommend them, whether you are a fantasy reader or not.


I'd like to thank everybody who has taken the time to read my short story on fivestopstory and who has liked it on the site. At the moment 'Zumba' is the most popular story on the site, and that is so fantastic and so encouraging.


Till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment